13 Oct '20: ATC NewsPublished by ATC Multisport on Tue, 13 Oct 2020
Track Training #WPAReturnToPlay – SCTM Refreshment Stations - ATC Running Uniform
This week is final preparation and entry deadline for the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (SCTM) virtual runs, and we start our track sessions at Green Point Athletics Track again. Excitement!
Read the Full Newsletter here: https://mailchi.mp/f74a92ca29ac/20201014
TRAINING: Please take note of the bookings required for our training sessions
SWIM: The ATC Canal Swims continue on Wednesdays (12:00) and Fridays (06:15) as per measures implemented in July. Please check the ATC News WhatsApp group for final details and booking instructions before each swim.
BIKE: Saturday , 24 October, we will have another supported ride, +/- 140 Km, most likely out in the Durbanville area.
On Friday 30 October, we will ride to Langebaan for the Mykonos Sprint Tri. Please email email@example.com if you are keen to join this ride so we can get an idea of numbers.
RUN: This week we started our track sessions at the Green Point Athletics Stadium (GPAS)! Please take careful note of the pre-requisites listed below and be sure to book your session between Thursdays and Monday mornings 10 AM.
- You must be a club member of ATC Running for our coached sessions or of any affiliated running club to use the facility on your own.
- You must have a 2020 WPA / ASA Running license. In accordance with special Covid-19 regulations, Track access is being managed by WPA and all users must be licensed. Your license can be through ATC Running or any affiliated running club.
- For the ATC coached sessions, you also need to pay the track levy (R80 per year).
- For individual access during the day, there may be a charge levied by GPAS – this is between the runner and GPAS directly.
- You have to create an ID Card (download the template below) and this must be presented to gain access and must be with you for the duration of your session.
- You need to complete and sign the WPA Indemnity Waiver. (Download the waiver below) You need to present this when accessing the track and must be with you for the duration of your session.
- All sessions, coached and individual, must be pre-booked. Bookings will open every Thursday, for the following week. Bookings will close on Mondays at 10:00 AM. We will then send the register to WPA on Monday afternoons. Runners will receive confirmation of their booking on Monday evenings, with further instructions on the procedure to follow for sign-in and the session.